battery-less VAWT -Pacwind[RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Jan 31 14:16:47 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Not that it adds any proof that it's a viable product or not but I
did see one spinning quite fast on a recent road trip last month.
Unfortunately I did not get my wife to stop the car but it is located
about 150-200 miles north of Vegas on HWY 95 at a gas station. It was
the Delta 1 model about 40' high. I was so excited it was like seeing
Santa Claus. Or at least that's how I saw it in my mind. At the very
least I can claim that it spun very fast and stable (while driving by
@ 35 mph). Till then I thought the only one that was in use was Jay
Leno's. Maybe it's part of their R&D and was given to the station
because of it's high profile?

Nick A Lucchese

>I agree completely Hugh,
>
>I need to add that if Pac Wind, or any maker of VAWT's, is able to
>substantiate through independent testing that their equipment
>functions as claimed, great! If they aren't part of some kind of
>multi-level marketing, great!
>
>I think many of us would love to have access to to a viable small
>vertical, but they really need to prove, without question, that they
>are worth buying, and that they hold together in rough service for a
>reasonable period of time. There has been an extreme amount of hype
>pertaining to these machines, but who has actually gotten one
>(besides the freebies to high profile celeb's)? Where is the data on
>performance, and I mean _verified_ performance data? I attempted to
>contact people many times at PacWind, and never once was the call
>returned. The one time I got through (during business hours), I got
>someone who said that "they are all gone for the day", and that they
>didn't know anything about the products. This isn't hearsay, it's a
>fact.
>
>I still have an open mind about VAWT's, and would very likely be
>happy to sell one that works. Up to this point, PacWind has been
>evasive, secretive and non-forthcoming concerning their products,
>especially to those of us in the existing mainstream HAWT world. If
>that all changes, cool.
>
>Matt
>
>Hugh Piggott wrote:
>

>>At 12:47 -0500 31/1/08, Nicholas Ponzio wrote:
>>
>>>  I'm not holding my breath, but I would like
>>>to caution people about spreading unverified rumors like this. It just
>>>makes everyone look bad.
>>

>>I tend to be more impressed by Kelly.  Let's tell it like it is.
>>What looks bad is when nobody mentions that they don't think this
>>stuff works, and well-meaning people go ahead and try to use it.
>>Then everyone looks bad.
>>
>>Let's face it - if there were good experiences out there with
>>roof-mounted VAWT turbines, one of us would have heard about them
>>by now.

>- - - -
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/

Nick A Lucchese
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Planet Home
General Contractor # 808851
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:nickl at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php