battery-less VAWT [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Jan 31 13:39:15 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

I agree completely Hugh,

I need to add that if Pac Wind, or any maker of VAWT's, is able to
substantiate through independent testing that their equipment functions
as claimed, great! If they aren't part of some kind of multi-level
marketing, great!

I think many of us would love to have access to to a viable small
vertical, but they really need to prove, without question, that they are
worth buying, and that they hold together in rough service for a
reasonable period of time. There has been an extreme amount of hype
pertaining to these machines, but who has actually gotten one (besides
the freebies to high profile celeb's)? Where is the data on performance,
and I mean _verified_ performance data? I attempted to contact people
many times at PacWind, and never once was the call returned. The one
time I got through (during business hours), I got someone who said that
"they are all gone for the day", and that they didn't know anything
about the products. This isn't hearsay, it's a fact.

I still have an open mind about VAWT's, and would very likely be happy
to sell one that works. Up to this point, PacWind has been evasive,
secretive and non-forthcoming concerning their products, especially to
those of us in the existing mainstream HAWT world. If that all changes,
cool.

Matt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php