Module wiring safety [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Jan 23 19:01:51 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

This is all getting so interesting.

A number of years ago I suggested to a module manufacturer that they
switch from a metallic frame to pultruded fiberglass and, while they
were at it, instead of supplying a pair of leads to connect to - create
a waterproof  polarized plug on the ends of each module that would allow
joining the modules in series and, at each series end, allow a plug-in
home run (to a combiner). This would eliminate the need for grounding
frames and interconnect wires (and be nice and clean).

They graciously declined to spend a bunch of money on R&D' ing something
so unusual. But I still think it has some merit.

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com