no safe modules for ground-mounted arrays[RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Mon Jan 21 22:32:34 PST 2008

All,

I guess I'm wondering why everyone is getting worked up about the issue of
protecting wiring. It seems to me that if you prevent access to the back of
the modules with a non-conductive material (wood lattice or PVC) that you
have met the intent of the NEC. I may be wrong on this, but many inspectors
agree with me on this. If you build a ground-mount structure, enclose the
back sides of the array with something that allows airflow, but does not
allow kids getting into it.

Bill.