Xantrex XW Systems [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Mon Jan 14 14:45:55 PST 2008

We also are mainly Outback installers these days, but recently ordered and received a complete XW system with every option and add-on available for our evaluation and display. Its a nice looking package and has many great features. I was a little surprised that even with the very large price tag, the data display built into the front panel cannot be used to program anything, and the installer needs to carry around the optional remote programming panel which also includes a data transfer feature using your laptop.

Very nice looking system and having dual 120/240 VAC output and AC1 and AC2 inputs (hint hint Outback!)is really great. They also include all of the power cables and hardware required to connect each separate component together without needing to order 50 separate items like covers and wiring adapters.

However, these solar installations are getting more and more like we are installing a computer network instead of a backup power system!

On another note, my service center just informed us that the SW40 will no longer be supported and parts are getting very hard to find to make repairs. This is (was) a very rugged inverter and lots of them are out there - why not continue to support it?

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php