Evolution of the Quick connect [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Sat Jan 12 14:32:40 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Willia,

When was the last time you were in central America? What Sky say's is
true squared down there. I have seen drops that people had to move out
of the way to get through a doorway; jumbles of drops in huge snarls
resembling giant fishing leader knots -right in the central business
districts, no less; had to duck under them on sidewalks, and have seen
them lying in the streets for days after storms. Oddly, you never hear
of anyone getting fried by this stuff, but standards sure are variable!
You're probably aware of this, but there is a very common electric
instantaneous water heater that is screwed directly onto cold water
showers. These are 230 VAC units made in Italy (as I recall) that are
known by many people down there as "hippie killers". I got a swell buzz
every time I used one at a certain hotel, and the answer I got when I
complained was "no esta muerto?" :-)

Every body uses MC's in Europe. My bet is that a five year old crazed
enough to be attempting jungle jim stunts on hanging MC cables would
simply pull them apart, or right out of the back of the module. He would
then need to find a nail and poke it into the connector to make contact,
virtually as ,or less dangerous as sticking the same nail into a
standard light socket or wall outlet. 5 amps versus 20 or greater. Do
most parents block wall outlets or make it impossible to unscrew a light
bulb?

Matt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php