Evolution of the Quick connect [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Fri Jan 11 22:03:05 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Sky:

I can not agree with your logic.  Utility drops are not at ground
level.  Of course children occasionally make it onto roofs, but the utility
drops are very rugged and rarely have conductors exposed.  I'd much rather
take my chances hanging from a rugged #1AWG utility drop held in place by
preforms than a #10 USE with 500 VDC on it terminated in a $2.00 crimp
connector.

No one wants to price solar beyond the reach of any potential user, but
wiring is such a small part of the overall cost.  Why would we trade that
small price against the life of a child?

William Miller

PS:  If you think high voltage DC is benign, you need a safety meeting.

WM

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com