[RE-wrenches] Outback PSR-SCT

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 14 18:12:34 PST 2008

Todd et.al.

Look in the yellow pages for a manufacturer of "Prototype Injection Molds". These guys are set up to manufacturer short runs of molded plastic parts.
They often use the vacuum-form process to make simple plastic shapes, usually not close tolerance pieces. A battery tray would be a perfect job and built exactly to your specs.
If you use a lot of the same size cells, you may want to consider a single or double tray-per-cells arrangement. The initial setup cost will be lower for a small tray, say 9" X 14", and by buying a lot of them, the mold-maker is happy to give a lower unit cost and will spend less time on the setup.
As always, any molded part will be tapered so start big with your dimensions and go smaller. It's a lot easier to take a little material off the sides of the mold core compared to putting it back on.
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
817.917.0527
ntrei at earthlink.net
www.ntrei.com
I was just informed I can no longer get the Outback PSR-SCT (spill containment tray). What are others using in their battery boxes for spill containment?

Todd