[RE-wrenches] FW: FW: Nanosolar

roger dixon roger.dixon at att.net
Wed Nov 12 16:32:39 PST 2008

>From a friend of mine who is quite knowledgeable regarding nanosolar.see
below.

Roger Dixon

Certified Wind Site Assessor

Skylands Renewable Energy, LLC

908.337.2057 cell

908.730.6474 fax

roger.dixon at att.net

From: Mike Orshan

Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:49 AM
To: roger dixon
Subject: Re: FW: [RE-wrenches] Nanosolar

Hey Roger:

First this is not nanosolar.  This is from a company called Nanosolar and
they are using thin film technology.  This is still using silicon and they
bake the whole system onto a still glass setup.  They use liquid metals to
move the current.  Anyway, it is less efficient than PV because of less
silicon, less current etc.  They are easier to mount and ship though, so
they are about 20% less.  Our friend sells all you need to buy for a factory
for $100M or so if anyone is interested.  The printing/baking system is
expensive.   Having said all that....I've only seen them...many rooftops are
putting them up there...I think real nanosolar will end this, but that is
not here yet.

Mike