[RE-wrenches] immersed heat exchangers

Karl Schwingel karl at northwindrenewable.com
Fri Oct 24 06:10:36 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm looking for any engineering numbers/places to look for calculating
heat transfer thru immersed heat exchangers.
IE how many BTUs can  I expect to pick up/deposit to/from a tank at a
given mean water temp in the tank and X mean temp differential in the coil.

I'm trying to move beyond the "rules of thumb" available, and do some
real calculations based on flow, the available BTUs from the panels, or
the BTUs that I expect to need to move into the floor at  a low temp or
a fan convector at higher temps to determine coil size.

also has anyone here used the stainless "slim Jims"  designed for pond
source heat pumps for immersion in solar tanks (obviously for really big
squareish tanks)

any help or direction appreciated.  even if someone can point me to an
engineer that's done that sort of thing for you.

thanks,

karl

--
Karl Schwingel
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer

PO Box 723 Stevens Point, WI 54481
Karl at Northwindre.com
Cell: 715 209 0446
Fax : 715 952 4501

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, or are not a named recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from
your computer. Thank you.