[RE-wrenches] MQ Pump Problems

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Sep 9 20:09:42 PDT 2008

HI All;

I just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with the Grundfos
MQ pressure pump. We've been using them for a while with great
results, but recently ate 2 in about 3 months on one site. The first
expired due to cavitation from a suction side air leak. (Not our
work) The replacement only lasted 6 weeks, the rotor just blew apart,
either a bad unit, or something in the line jammed it. There was a
filter inline just before the inlet. Grundfos honored the warranty
the first time, but is not covering the damaged impeller.
Anyone else have trouble with these recently?

Thanks in advance as always,

R. Walters
Solarray.com
NABCEP # 04170442