[RE-wrenches] Dual Fronius problems

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Thu Aug 14 20:19:32 PDT 2008

I have installed many Fronius grid-tie systems having a single inverter, but recently installed a dual 3K inverter system and are having all kinds of problems with the inverters not connecting to grid due to out-of-range grid voltage or cycle errors. If we shut down either inverter, the remaining inverter usually works fine. The only thing we can identify is the electrician may have under-sized the new feeder wiring as we had to run over 150 feet to the first breaker panel in a barn, which was another 150 or more feet to the main panel and meter base. The sub-panel also serves a large well pump that supplies several different buildings and this may be causing some voltage sags.

We are looking into up-sizing the feeders, but I am still wondering if there are other issues or concerns when you have multiple inverters side-by-side at the end of a long grid connection.

Thanks,

Jeff Yago