RV light adapters needed [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Fri May 23 05:24:45 PDT 2008

Happy Friday~

My client du jour has an RV. The RV has 12 volt lights with bayonet
style automotive type bulbs. These incandescent bulbs have a single
contact point on the base of each bulb, and they produce more heat than
light. More efficient lighting is wanted.

There used to be adapters so that a wedge base quartz halogen bulb could
fit these same fixtures, but I can't seem to find those adapters any
more through my usual channels.

Some LED lamps which would fit those same bayonet style fixtures would
also be of interest.

Can anyone explain why the halogen adapters are now harder to find? Can
anyone point me to a source for those, or for LED's that would fit?

Thanks,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com