Equalizing battery charger [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Jan 3 13:37:25 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Greetings Drake,

Two out of the last 5 that I have modified also have an additional
layer of protection to the pot. It appears like they have added some
sort of adhesive over the pot so I've had to remove the end screws
that hold on the aluminum side and vent fan. Once that is off you can
access the pot and scrape the adhesive layer off around it so that it
turns freely. Not sure if this is a supposed to  act as a deterrent
or possibly prevent the pot from turning due to vibration. I did also
recently notice one that I had previously set to 14.7 bulk putting
out 15.1 vdc without the jumper. Not certain if this was from
vibration coming from the Xantrex UR below the unit or customer
tinkering. After this observation I placed a supper small dab of
honey on the last one that I modified. Not certain how well this will
work but seemed like a good idea at the time. Any other
recommendations for a light duty, easily removed adhesive is welcome.

Hope all are off to a good start this year, Nick A Lucchese

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org