Miniature DIN relays for Outback gen start [RE-wrenches]

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:17:24 PST 2007

William.....gro solar in Grants Pass carries these as a regular stock
item....you can order them for significantly cheaper than $20.....They
do have a minimum purchase order amount but  i believe it is less than
the $400 you would have to spend otherwise.
Dan Hood over there is well aware of thesse.....they install them as
an option in all their preassembled outback power centers.....
Sunny REgards.
Kirpal
Renewable Energy Systems....

On 12/20/07, William Miller <wrmiller at charter.net> wrote:

> Friends:
>
> I have become fond of using DIN relay sockets for starting generators in
> Outback systems.  The octal relays are largish and take up precious space
> that could otherwise be used for circuit breakers.
>
> I have found a source for miniature relays that mount in a DIN socket.  The
> size and shape of the relay/socket combos seems ideal for mounting in an
> Outback enclosure.  The assembly is apparently only 6.2 mm wide.  I have
> requested a sample to verify the suitability of these relays.
>
> I may be forced to purchase these in lots of 20 for about $20.00 each.  I
> use about 6 per year.  Does anyone wish to purchase some of these at cost?
>
> Here is a link to the product:  http://www.findernet.com/comuni/pdf/S38EN.pdf
>
> Here is some rating information:  Contacts:  SPDT, 6A,
> 250VAC.  Coil:  12VDC nominal, 0.17 watt.
>

> William Miller
>

> -- _________________________________
> William Miller
> Miller Power and Communications
> Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
> email: wrmiller at mpandc.com
> http://mpandc.com
> License No. C-10-773985
>

> - - - -