LEDs good (was LEDs bad?) [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Dec 18 11:37:20 PST 2007

I too have had mixed results with LED christmas lights over the last
several years - some brands are good - some are lousy.  Hard to tell
when you look at them.  Between my shop and house I have about 50
strings running up to 24 hours a day (on 100% renewables) - gotta love
having hydro...

This years addition is the "GE" labeled ones - which aren't made by GE
or warranted by them either according to the box - I think they just
sold the use of their logo to some marketing company...

There also has been some very nice LED rope lights which I am really
impressed with - brighter and more durable (hopefully) especially since
they have real 1/4 watt resistors used on them.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com