Squirrel Damage? [RE-wrenches]

Wes Kennedy wes at namastesolar.com
Tue Dec 11 15:24:15 PST 2007

Thanks for the response Daryl. Yup, USE2 and on this last bad one the
rodent munched right thru the array leads, dropping that whole string to
zero.

The array was Sharp 187's and SRS racking.  Hmm, I will check with Sharp
about their array leads...

The symptom was a gradual loss of production in that string over the
course of a couple weeks.

I don't think any topical additive to wiring will last very long on the
roof.  Good tip on the peppermint though.  This is Boulder, though, so
aromatherapy might be what those stressed out tree-rats need!

We've got a bunch of systems out there and are trying to get a policy
together, both for moving forward and retroactively.

Wes Kennedy
303-447-0300 x 215