hi voltage array combiners [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Mon Dec 10 18:21:49 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the input.

I was on a job recently where they used/speced a Outback PSPV for a
grid tie 450vdc system.  Yes this is all code compliant, but I was
struck by the large open nature of the positive buss bar.

Now I use these all the time for 150vdc or less, and although rated
for it,  thought it less than adequate
for the 450vdc that was being use.

A major thread has been safety and how can you be against that, so
my main comment/complaint with the PSPV was the large open buss bar.
When I compare it to a SQ D 361 disconnect which you have to really
work at getting to the hot side, well there is quite a difference.

As I see this industry progressing the need for safe equipment is
important.
And given that the need for a massive increase in installation, well
that leads to more people installing that might not have the
education.  But what can help a lot is the right equipment.
So I was just checking to see what folks out there are using.

thanks,
jay

peltz power

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com