Hidden Low profile conduit through roof - flashing? [RE-wrenches]

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Dec 7 16:58:07 PST 2007

Good point Jerry. I think standard all metal roof flashings for 3/4" EMT conduit are at least 3" tall, probably more. We stopped using Oatey No-Caulk's a while ago because they tend to crack over time. When I looked into it I found that Oatey only warrants their flashings for 1 year which is a joke considering we should design our PV and SHW systems to last for 25+ years.

Like Keith Cronin, we've used lead flashings for super low profile conduit penetrations. I worked with a Scottish roofer who had been trained in crafting custom lead flashings - it was neat to watch him work with the lead to shape it just right.

-August