SMA Sunny Island three phase multi clustering [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Nov 30 09:27:06 PST 2007

Thank you John. My main concern with not having a common battery bank is
the distribution of the PV resource. Obviously I want to use all of the
PV, all the time. With 4 clusters on this system, would it be better to
use SB grid tie inverters instead of splitting up the PV into 4 charging
systems? Would this allow the SI's to better balance the charging of the
4 banks or would your description below be more efficient? Do you have a
diagram showing the relay configuration? I don't see anything in the
manual about this.

In this system all 3-phase sets will be paralleled. I do not think we
can break up the AC distribution into sub panels because the owner wants
to be able to bypass back to the generator. I will look at this further
though.

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar