Flex ware inverter bypass slide [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Nov 29 16:59:34 PST 2007

Thank you for the very good point Walt.  I agree completely.

Being able to turn on the AC input to each inverter one at a time with
the bypass off is a real valuable capability when you are
troubleshooting a system or wiring problem. Its something we though
about in the design of the FLEXware product as well.

The parts included in the new FLEXware panels are very similar to the
older PS products - the only major change is that the brackets for the
charge controllers are not included anymore - they need to be ordered
separately.  The new FLEXware panels are lighter and more corrosion
resistant (because they are aluminum) and are better arranged inside.

I think you will be very happy with them and able to appreciate the
improvements.

Christopher

wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com wrote:

> Just thought I would chime in here....  Walt Ratterman
>
> I have trained and installed dozens of Outback three phase and quad
> systems in Africa and other remote applications, and I tend to think
> that the system where the slider turns everything off, and then requires
> manual intervention to turn what you want back on, is perfect.  I tend
> not to like everything being real automatic, without thought, and there
> are lots of cases where we want to turn everything off, (without
> bypassing the inverter and turning the inverter to load connection back
> on.)
>
> I am getting ready to install my first batch of Flexware three phase
> systems in Africa as soon as the equipment gets there, and am hoping
> this design is still pretty much the same.
>
> (Chris:  can you let me know if there are any parts or pieces that
> usually came in the PSDC and PSAC boxes that don't come with the
> flexware?  Like TBB's, positive bus bar for the DC breakers, etc.
> etc....Just want to be prepared.... when I get into the middle of
> nowhere...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Walt

Christopher Freitas