GFP on SDHW pv pump? [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Fri Nov 16 09:50:07 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

In a recent PV/NEC seminar I attended, John Wiles emphasized that the
intent of DC GFP is fire protection, not shock hazard.  I don't know if
that is written into any of the official NEC handbook discussions
though.  If it is, I would try to get the inspector to justify where and
how the potential fire hazard exists with a 10 watt module.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com