Tri-Metric (was Flexnet DC) [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Nov 15 16:29:27 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

I never understood the fascination with the trimetric. I have always
used link-10s (e-meters). The bar graph display is very easy for
customers to use as it is similar to a vehicle fuel gauge. Yes, there
are more "techie" numerical displays available (volts, amps, amp hours,
percentage of charge, number of charge/discharge cycles and the max
depth of discharge), but usually people just use the bar graph. In
addition, it is only 2" in diameter, which reduces the anxiety of some
customers to having "techie" devices in their kitchen (where I usually
mount them).

As is the case with all amp hour meters that do not communicate with the
charge controller, the meter can sometimes get out of sync with it. The
obvious holy grail, has been to integrate the meter with the charge
controller. I am happy OB and Apollo are both doing this.

Todd

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com