Backfeeding a "240V Delta with a stinger" [RE-wrenches]

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Wed Nov 14 06:30:11 PST 2007

John Berdner explains it well, and I also got confirmation off-forum. The
IEEE requirement relates only to the manufacture of inverters. I believe all
of the major inverter manufacturers have either hardware (e.g. SMA, Fronius)
or software (e.g. Xantrex) settings that can disable the neutral sensing
where appropriate.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com