Apollo 80 Comments [RE-wrenches]

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Thu Nov 8 13:36:06 PST 2007

Hi,

I have just installed my first one with the wired remote (the remote seems
essential even if you don't need the display at a distance, since it is
what holds much of the logged data).  Not much data yet to report, but it
does seem to produce quite well (more than 18 kwh's plus 3 hours of float
on a late October Vermont day with 3.42 kw Evergreen 190 array).
Unfortunately, the first T-80 smoked on me after about 4-5 days of
operation - Apollo just got it back for postmortem so I don't know what
caused it.

I do like the logging data capability, and Apollo seems to be very
interested in what additions to the monitor's display installers are
interested in.  The design seems to allow very easy upgrading of both
firmware and display info.

I'll report more as I get more info - at this point, it is probable that I
will be installing more.

Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
http://www.SunCatcherVT.com
(cell) 802-272-0004
(home) 802-439-6096

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com