gas generator recommendations [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Sun Oct 28 17:11:56 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Todd:

We also recommend that the customer intervene with generator start and work
around their lifestyle and weather.  However, many of our clients have
Mates (and more will have Xantrex XW remote monitors), allowing remote
generator start.  Clients can avoid tromping through the rain to start a
generator.  In these cases, interfacing with the generator is essential.

Furthermore, if my client wants to travel periodically, knowing the house
sitter does not have to make the generator decisions gives peace of mind.

Therefore, generator start interface is always recommended.

William Miller

PS:  We set the generator quiet time to extend through about noon.  I hate
to see a generator start and perform a charge cycle at the beginning of a
sunny day.

WM

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php