Smokey The Bear [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Oct 25 11:18:50 PDT 2007

Aaron,
You're right. The question is sufficiently off the wall that the ruminations
and technoblather are fun. I have never even considered such a scenario, and
admit I didn't imagine the scenaria that Matt offered so eloquently.

Not that I would try it, based on what I have read, a simple AC voltage test
between the two hots would tell you whether they are on the same leg (~0V),
opposite single-phase legs (240V) or alternate 3 phase (208?V). Any
disagreement here?

William, I think your response sounded a little heavy-handed. Asking wacky
questions isn't dangerous (well, politically, maybe, but not electrically)
and I didn't read that Mark had done it, or intended to. And some of his
conflicts with the Berserkley bureaucracy).

Allan at Pos NRG