SMA Sunny Island - anyone doing three phase? [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Oct 22 12:22:09 PDT 2007

Larry/Wrenches:

Jeff is correct. We can not do a Multi-cluster system in the US with UL
Listed equipment (yet).
If the system is outside the US, or where UL is not required, then you
can use European versions set for 60 hz.  This gives you 230/400 Vac, 3
phase @ 60 Hz.  You can then use a custom transformer or 3 autoformers
to get it to 120/208 or 277/480.  If you have further questions please
feel free to contact me offline.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

>>> jeff at hvce.com 10/19/2007 09:33:58 AM >>>

Larry,

I believe the currently available SI5048 is not fully capable of such
large
clustering (yet). Might be a UL or software issue. You should ask SMA
be sure.

Jeff Irish
Hudson Valley Clean Energy, Inc.