generator suggestions [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Wed Oct 17 21:39:46 PDT 2007

Hi fellow wrenches,
We had a great thread on this back in 2004, and it ended with a post by Kirk
Herander that is the easiest fix for the Kohler 8.5 & 12 RES battery draw
down by the controller. It goes like this; (I have use this wiring on a few
of these now & it works great)
Simply wire the remote start switch in parallel with the run contacts of the
Kohler on-board switch. Do not put the on-board switch in the auto position.
Leave it in the stop (middle) position. It will start/stop just fine
remotely and the starting battery will not drain down. No need to remove the
48 hr power-down jumper either. No additional relays required.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer TM
USA Distributor of Proven Wind Turbines