Outback FX compatible wth piezo stove ignitor? [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Oct 11 09:34:27 PDT 2007

These stoves seem to have a very quirky ignition system. I have the same model as does John Wiles and we were talking one day and this issue just happened to come up. I also recall a string on here but good luck finding it. I don't think that either of us resolved the issues. Mine would start randomly igniting whenever I turned on my dishwasher, not every time but about 80%. However,I could stop it everytime by turning on the overhead CFL! Kitchen lights, stove and dishwasher are together on one circuit. But turning on any other CFL even nearby would not stop the persistant clicking. Sometimes we will get a few clicks when a large load change would take place (on or off) and sometimes for no reason at all. This was all happening on my trusty Trace U Series mod. sine. (2512) When I moved up to sine with a Magnum (2812) all mentioned problems went away. Although I ended up with less motor starting surge power that has traded the stove issues for others now, aahhhh simple living, gotta love it!
There are lot's of these stoves out there on o-t-g systems as they don'y have the nasty "glow plug" in the oven and I suspect many are on Outback inverters. There is certainly a quirk in this Peerless and wiring systems and load types seem to play a part. I do not think it is Outback specific, keeping playing around with the varibles and wiring routing and hope others on the list chime in with their experiences/solutions. This remains a mystery to me....
-jeff o

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com