battery costs rising [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Wed Oct 10 08:55:17 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Amigos,
I quit using Trojan about 6-7 years ago when they produced a BIG
batch of rotters and refused to cop to it. Richard Perez got some of
those as did many of my other clients. Richard's L16s got replaced by
Trojan for political and marketing  reasons. Everyone else got the
middle finger. Trojan also started their strange distribution
consolidation at about the same time and my favored distributor got
whacked. I switched to Dyno Battery out of Washington State on the
recommendation of some friends from Trace Engineering (RIP) who were
using them on their burn-in benches. The Dynos were an unmitigated
disaster in the RE real world. Never again for them. I switched to
Surrette S-460s a few years back and -so far- have been more or less
satisfied. The hell of dealing with batteries is that you really need
to have them out there in systems for 4-5 years to see if they are
worth a damn or not.
The Surrettes were more expensive than Trojan -tho not anymore- but I
hate service calls for stuff that ain't my fault. Nobody except the
manufacturer makes money servicing crap. That is one of the beauties
of this forum. We can share experiences with gear and vote with our
checkbooks.
Like Jay, here in the Pacific NW, our prices have gone up
considerably and are far over $200. each even buying at the multiple
pallet pricing.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com