Outback Grid Transfer Issue [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Sep 24 11:31:53 PDT 2007

Travis -

We have many systems like yours working fine - so I am sure we can
figure out what is going on here.  We refer to this mode as "HBX" which
stands for High Battery Transfer.

For these HBX systems we usually advise setting the battery chargers to
off like you are doing - it prevents the problem the SW series would
have were it could end up cycling back and forth to the utility grid and
not use the RE power source effectively.

For a system like yours - there is some settings required in the MATE
which will cause the system to operate as desired in the HBX mode - the
MATE is actually controlling the inverters and telling them when to drop
and use the AC source (utility grid). I suspect that the setup in the
MATE has not be completed.

Once the HBX mode has been setup - pressing the AC IN key on the mate
will result in the choices becoming DROP-HBX and USE-HBX.  If the HBX
are not shown then the HBX mode is not setup.

There is not much in the inverter manual on HBX mode because its really
a MATE mode.  The current MATE manual on our website goes into the HBX
settings in detail (Page 16) - please review this and let me know if you
are still having any issues.

Thanks -

Christopher

Christopher Freitas