Outback Grid Transfer Issue [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Mon Sep 24 09:25:28 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I can't figure out if we've got a programming or a firmware issue or?  The
inverters are set to "drop" on the AC menu on the Mate but will not
reconnect when the batteries hit the cut in voltage.  When the system hits
the low battery cut out the customer goes to AC menu on the Mate it and it
says "Use" even after the batteries have been above the cut in voltage for
hours.  I've had him manually switch the "Use" back to "Drop" several but
each time it hits the low battery cut out it stays in "Use".

We have a customer running his house off grid with a quad stack of
VFX3648's, a Bergey XL-R and a 1500 AH string of HUP Solar ones.

We've set the inverter to drop and are using a pretty conservative window
for Cut out and Cut in.  We've also turned the chargers on the FX's off as
this is a grid connected (not grid tied) installation.  It's a long story
but the installation is in area with a super hostile utility, no net
metering, and State Energy Office that won't even return calls about
questions with interconnection.  Customer wanted to do be off grid anyway.

The battery chargers are turned off so the wind can charge the batteries
back up to prevent getting into a cycle where the grid charges the batteries
up only to have the wind pick back up and have no place to put it.

Any ideas?  I've can't find any reference in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

Checked by AVG Free Edition.