Outback and gensets was: Selecting an inverter/battery system [RE-wr [RE-wre

Steve Johnson stevejohnson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 19:24:40 PDT 2007

Interesting thread.  Sounds like the generator support issue isn't a
problem if the generator can handle the AC loads plus battery charging
at the same time.

The European Sunny Islands can be ordered at 60Hz and will support a
multi cluster of 12 units at 3 phase.  However it is European 3 phase
which is 230/400Y.  That would have to be transformed to whatever your
mini-grid is.  Of course this would be for use out of the US.

Sunny Boys are also available at 230v 3 phase if they were to be AC
coupled to the Sunny Islands.

Steve Johnson
LightWave Solar Electric
Nashville, Tennessee