Outback and gensets [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Sep 5 07:24:12 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Jeff:

The problem is with the lack of "generator support".  The term does not
have anything to do with generator starting.  Generator support is a
feature wherein an inverter system can synchronize with and assist a
generator in powering loads greater than the generator's capability.  The
SW can do it, the Outback can not.

This is a damn good reason not to purchase Outback if your loads will ever
exceed the capability of your generator.  The generator will bog down and
the inverters will release the generator input.  The generator will speed
up and then the inverters will reconnect.  Repeat continuously.

I'd wait for the XW.  With a system this size, order a pair just for
evaluation.

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php