Earthquake protection WAS: water heater timers (was Re: Demand heater for SHW ba

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Sat Aug 25 04:09:44 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

When earthquake straps are required for tanks, I had always assumed that the
real issue was the tank falling and breaking the gas connection. The spilled
40, 50, or even 120 gallons of water would be a real inconvenience but small
potatoes compared to an open gas line in a closed living space.

Do I need to revise my thinking about what is being protected with the
earthquake straps?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar