billing rate question [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Wed Aug 15 16:26:05 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Hiya Jay,
Normal rate, but windshield to windshield plus mileage, lunch and
anything else I would normally do. The call would have to be on a
secondary basis to ALL your other work. The client would have to
agree to that AND agree -in writing- that you make no present or
future warranty of any kind including the success of your service
call. I would strongly urge him/her to file a complaint with the CSLB
for abandonment if the installer was licensed and/or file in small
claims court to recoup your charges. I'd certainly ask that the
client tell anyone and everyone that this installer guy is a flake
and recommend you in the future.
If he/she balks at any of that, I'd walk away.
It's a damn tough call. On one hand, you'd like to help someone out
of a bind. On the other, the last thing you want to do is encourage
folks to buy from CheapAss Solar.com or an incompetent installer and
expect you to bail them out. No profit in that.
Good Luck, Bob-O

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com