Midnite GFP on a DC250 [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Fri Jun 15 12:59:45 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Greetings Wrenches,
  With the introduction of Midnite Solar's MNDC-GFP it now makes it
quite affordable to add the code required GFP on dwellings. I've
installed one successfully on a small, existing cobbled together
system for a local customer. It's a bit tight using Midnite's Baby
Box if using large wire but can easily be adapted to a system design
with a little thought. I am now adding solar to another existing
generator/inverter system with the old Trace power panel and DC250.
Wondering if anyone has done this yet as it's not quite as easy as it
is to float the negatives as with the Outback PS2 or PS4 system (oh
wait, I mean Flexware 500/1000). Is the simplest solution to just an
external junction box outside of the DC250 and a large bus inside it
capable of handling the inverter negatives as well as PV-? The
Midnite Baby Box fits nicely beside the controller on the DC250 but
I've yet to come up with a clean way to isolate the negatives from
ground. I've never installed any of the old Trace PVGFP's but I
imagine the answer lies within the method that is installed. Any
suggestions?
--
Thanks in advance, Nick A Lucchese

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com