Grundfos 3 SQF-3 performance curves [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler p.undercuffler at conergy.us
Fri Jun 15 12:46:09 PDT 2007

The key to understanding the second link (SQFlex performance by model)
is that the wattages given are NOT the recommended array size.  These
graphs are best used as a troubleshooting tool, in combination with the
CU200 controller.

The CU200 has a LED readout of wattage being used by the pump.  If you
know the lift, can provide a reliable power source, and can measure the
flow then you have all the tools you need to troubleshoot the system.

For instance, a 3 SQF-2 pump lifting water 300 feet and drawing 260
watts should pump at 2 gallons a minute.  Hook up a small 120v generator
or inverter to the pump, through the CU200.  Measure the flow.  If the
flow rate is about 2 gpm but the wattage is substantially higher, then
the rotor is binding or the lift/work is higher than expected.  If the
wattage and flow are within specs, then focus attention on the array,
wiring and connections.

Please note new phone extension!

Phil Undercuffler
Technical Services Manager