warranty issues / favorite inverters [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Thu Jun 7 17:58:07 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I have hundreds of Outback inverters, with literally 4 or 5  failures
all of which were
taken care of quickly.

I have some Xantrex units, of which the big problem is shipping:
expensive, awkward damage prone, and time consuming.

No experience with Magnum yet.

For grid tied, mostly SMA.  any problems were dealt with quickly and
professionally.

I think one issue with the 10 yr warranty is that if I was doing more
grid tied I wouldn't be tempted to use anything but the oldest
companies out there.

In regards to those having problems.  this is the forum to express
and be specific about those problems.  ( not mean or vindictive)  It
helps all of us by providing us with knowledge, so that we can all
pressure the manufacture to do a better job.

My 2 cents,

jay

peltz power

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com