warranty issues / favorite inverters [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison reellison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:20:14 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>
I doubt many of us would survive a 10 year warranty, manufacturers included.

I have several Magnum's out, all are 4024 except for (1) 2512
and a 1200 watt mod sine (S/N #1) and have had no problems. There is a
new board that I was sent to put in to the 4024 that will alter the
charging somewhat (even better)
These things have a hell of a battery charger in them.
The 4024 will do 105 amps and the 1212 will do 70 amps.

They have a 4448 coming that will do 120 / 240 from 1 inverter. Not
stackable yet. Charger is 60 amps @ 48 volts. It can, if I understand
correctly shift the output to the side of the buss bars that need the
load up to 3600 watts on either side.
It might be here now, I need to ask.

The incident with the repair parts soured me on Outback (I have a LONG memory)
That said the Outbacks are holding up well, as well as the Trace
inverters. Yea, they are old ones.  Even a few DR's as well as a
couple Heart Freedom 25's still running.

If you have not looked at Midnite Solar's boxes check them out, nice stuff.

Later,
Bob