New IEEE neutral sensing BS [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon May 7 15:38:31 PDT 2007

William / wrenches:

The new Sunny Boys - 3,4,5,6 and 7 kW US series all include the same
jumpers for neutral sensing.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

>>> david at meridiansolar.com 5/4/2007 06:10:53 AM >>>

William,

The SMA6000 (the ones that we have all been installing for a couple
years,
not necessarily the new ones) will accommodate an open delta. There is
jumper configuration (near the transformer tap wires) that can
configure the
device for a neutral or no neutral configuration. This is detailed in
the
manual. While the new IEEE standards are particularly inconvenient on
the
manufacturers, they are probably not a requirement for the installer.

Regards,

David Brearley
NABCEP Certified Solar PV System Installer (TM)

Meridian Energy Systems
(TECL #24461)
2300 S. Lamar, Suite 107
Austin, TX 78704