Grid sell with Outback, solar,and generator [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Sun May 6 14:55:15 PDT 2007

We have been starting to use Magnum inverters over the past year (along with
continued use of OutBack inverters).
No failures so far with the Magnums. Very strong inverters, good sine wave
on our scope, powerful battery chargers.

One wart that I see is in the programming of the bulk charge rate. It only
goes up to 29.2V. It is default number for wet lead acids. As those of us
who sometimes have to deal with Surrette/Rolls batteries, as well as various
other manufacturers with different charging characteristics, know. We need
to be able to dial in the Bulk charge voltage to a custom number based on
the specific battery and the specific system. OutBack does a very nice job
with their battery charging set points being programmable. Magnum should be
able to let us easily dial in the charging voltage number that we want.

David