Outback Good [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed May 2 06:19:32 PDT 2007

I agree Mark, the VFX's are *wonderful* power processing hubs for OFF
GRID applications. The gigantic elephant in the room however, is the
inability to support generators (like the now 14 year old SW technology
did) in GRID TIED systems.

While I appreciate OB greatly for providing us with an efficient, grid
tieable alternative to the SW (without the GTI kludge), the inability to
support a generator on a system designed for utility backup seems like
the industry took a couple of steps backwards. That is the main
criticism I have and hear from others about Outback's inverter design.

Todd

Mark Frye wrote:

> Regardless of the what the future holds, I for one am still very happy
> with my off-grid Outback System.
>
> 10 - VFX3648's all pulling off a single large battery bank, the same 10
> - VFX3648's all working together to charge the battery bank from a
> single generator, MX60 handling the PV side.
>
> 3rd year of operation - ZERO downtime, minor maitainence, batteries
> running strong.
>
> Couldn't have done it with anything else.
>
> MPF

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php