Solmetric or Pathfinder? [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Apr 30 15:51:16 PDT 2007

Hi gang. On behalf of Willard at Solmetric, I am posting this response to this thread:

Hi Wrenches,

thanks for the discussion about the Solmetric SunEye. I would like to address the issue of the non-removable battery in the SunEye.

It is true that it is not removable (by the user). However, it is a rechargeable high capacity L-ion battery that typically provides plenty of battery life for a full day of site analysis, and in most cases it will work for many days depending on the amount it is used--like a cell phone.  The battery level can be easily checked from the user interface before heading out into the field.  The readout gives the percentage from 0 to 100%, so you will know where you stand.

The SunEye will recharge when plugged into the wall or when attached to a computer (via the USP cable). Solmetric will soon be offering a car charger as well for those on the road or just in case it does happen to run out in the middle of the day.

Willard MacDonald
President, Solmetric Corporation
825 Olema-Bolinas Rd
Bolinas, CA 94924 USA
www.solmetric.com
1-877-263-5026, x101

Don Loweberg wrote at 07:46 PM 04/10/2007:

>Finally, the
>Solmetric gizmo also didn't work originally for anything but south; they
>were very upfront about it and since the Solmetric developers are ex-Agilent
>guys out of Santa Rosa they at least have a good pedigree. I got an email a
>few weeks back claiming that the latest release of the product now supports
>other than south orientations.
>

>Bob O  , Peter,
>

>I have been using the Solmetric for a few months. I am glad to know about the
>upgrade (important) The main attraction is speed of use. Easy display in the
>field to the customer, and easy editing, and file transfer and printing on pc.
>Not a finished device. But really saves me time. I feel in CA with possible
>site challenges by CSI , that documentation is important. And I feel I have
>learned by using it regularily. Since I download the device when I come in from
>the field, I leave it connected to the pc and it recharges. But the non
>removable battery could be a big drag.
>
>Best,Don

Michael Welch
Sr. Editor