Breaker space in PS-2DC [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 21:57:37 PDT 2007

Hi Geoff
If I remember correctly Xantrex used to make GFDIs in
several configurations, they had 3 or 4 or 5? circuits
in one package.  Perhaps they still have these
configurations.  By using even a 4 circuit package you
would save a single space over two Outback doubles.

If not Midnight Solar makes "baby box" that holds the
1/2" din rail breakers and They also make single
GFDIs.

Darryl

--- Geoff Greenfield <Geoff at Third-Sun.Com> wrote:

> I have a customer with a PS-2DC with 2 inverters and
> 2 MX-60s... He would
> like to expand his array (adding a 3rd MX-60).  The
> problem is we have only
> 3 breaker spaces left and I figure I need 3 for a
> second GFI and a fourth
> for the DC disco to the MX-60.
>
> The mx-60 could be current limited to 43 amps - what
> would you all say to
> using the gfi on both sides (prob no good as I think
> the gfi is not a
> current limiting device).  Maybe I could add a DC
> fuse inside to handle that
> and just use the gfi as disconnect means.
>
> Other work around would be a kluged add on box to
> hold a DC breaker (or
> GFI).  Not clean, but do-able.
>
> This is rural and not inspected but our policy is to
> work safely and to the
> NEC (or to it's intent when we are the design
> review).
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> For a brighter energy future,
>
> Geoff Greenfield