Out in the outback with OutBack [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Tue Apr 17 08:49:49 PDT 2007

With the availability and service network for AC gennys we typically
recommend this route.  Our "kluge" for a job that fell into this "outback
gap" has a brand X 5548 running just as a charger off the genny.  We would
have gone with some lower priced chargers but it was inspected and we needed
the UL and conduit connections that came with the Xantrex.  Pricey too, but
we needed the capacity and also wanted to stay out of the homebrew dept on
this job.

Chris et al at Outback:  "AC In 1 and 2 please!!!!"

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
President
Third Sun Solar & Wind Power Ltd.
340 West State street, Unit 25
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 597-3111   fax: (740)597-1548
www.third-sun.com

Clean Energy - Expertly Installed

> That is why the other "work around kludge" for what
> most see as an
> obvious design fault in the FX is to use a 2:1 step
> down transformer on
> the genny output (_any_ genny will work for this),
> rectify to DC and
> dump that as another input to the MX60. Yes, this is
> clunky and home
> brew (which I try to avoid now days) but workable,
> and presents nothing
> to do on the customers part but start the generator
> (or let the mate do
> it) when the grid is down and the batteries are low.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com