Off-grid with Diesels? [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Tue Apr 17 08:41:19 PDT 2007

Yes Chris - Thanks.  So SMA has a (probably special order) user
adjustability option - was this required (did you try it with the IEEE
windows first?).  And how large is the genset?

Any other inverter models in this application out there?

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
President
Third Sun Solar & Wind Power Ltd.
340 West State street, Unit 25
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 597-3111   fax: (740)597-1548
www.third-sun.com

Clean Energy - Expertly Installed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:08:28 -0700
From: "Chris Worcester" <chris at solarwindworks.com>
Subject: RE: Off-grid with Diesels? [RE-wrenches]

Hi Geoff,
We have a Proven 6 going into a 3 phase gen set grid on the icecap of
Greenland, at the NSF Summit Station, using 3 SMA Windy Boy WB2500U/208's
with the RS485 cards for user adjustability of the voltage, frequency
windows. Is that what you're asking about?

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer TM
USA Distributor of Proven Wind Turbines