remote home protection [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 15 12:32:09 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Jeff,

Rural crime may be on the increase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_Statesessrel/pressrel01/cius2000.htm
but there have always been bad guys who vandalize, rob, steal and worse. I
have lived in crime-ridden urban neighborhoods and in a backwoods region
with a history as an outlaw hideout, but it's all the same: crime seems to
come and go at different times to different neighborhoods. People who live
alone or in a bad neighborhood or apart from the community or in a
neighborhood with bad police are particularly vulnerable. Random crime
committed by people from outside the neighborhood requires increased
vigilance and cooperation with other communities to find and stop the
criminals. Hidden cameras and surveillance are a waste of time and money if
you do nothing to stop the bad guys. If the police/sheriff can not or will
not help, notify the state attorney general. I have found that the best
protection is to be prepared and to enlist my neighbors' help beforehand for
defense. Whether I am at home or away, my neighbors keep watch and report
suspicious activities for me as do I for them. When crime occurs, we all
help to solve the problem.

Joel Davidson