Tracker with Outback PSPV [RE-wrenches]

Brian Teitelbaum brian at aeesolar.com
Wed Mar 14 17:56:46 PDT 2007

Bill,

I think that your inspector is full of s*** (don't tell him that though.
Bring him doughnuts instead). The tracker is not part of the power producing
equipment. It is only an electrical appliance (load) and is not required to
be UL listed. Neither is the power supply for the tracker. It's also a load.
You can plug in a non UL TV, toaster, or other load (not that I recommend
buying non-UL Listed appliances) and it's not any of the inspector's
business.

By the way, none of the equipment that you see on the utility's power pole,
or at their substation or power plant, is required to be UL Listed.

I can understand him not liking the power supply in the PSPV. Mixing AC and
DC in the same JB is frowned upon. Put it in a separate 3R box.

My $0.02

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar